As many of you know I love making whole cloth quilts and then painting them. Sometimes I find a design digitized for my Statler that I can whip out and then wile away the hours painting it. Not a time saver but so fun for me. This project is from Christy Dillion of My Creative Stitches. I hope to find the time to make a few more for gifts.
The first picture is of the back to see what it looked like before painting.
This is the completed project with Derwent Inktense Pencils and Caran d’Ache watercolor pastels. I use a fabric medium mixed with water about 50/50 to blend the paints. On this project, I also used cream colored cotton Sateen instead of white. The colored sateen did change the paint colors a bit but I prefer the warmer tones of the fabric, white can be so glaring. With luck, I will get the binding on this weekend.
A detail shot of the center pumpkin. Love it!