Every year I try to make at least one quilt that utilizes all the left over dibs and dabs of fabric I have tucked away in case the world runs out of fabric. This time I also decided to tame the towering pile of green fabrics I have collected.
This is what I started with. What a mess.
These are the center blocks. I’ve used four 1.5″ strips in each strip set then cut them with my Omnigrid quarter square triangle. Because I didn’t want to match all those seams, I cut one of the neutrals 1/4″ larger and one 1/4″ smaller. I like the way the green strips run horizontally and the neutrals vertically.
I am now making log cabin blocks with more greens and neutrals to surround the center squares. My preference is to cut all the “logs” to the required size and then sew. All the pieces are labeled and ready to go. Only need to make 40 log cabin blocks and then we will decide what to do next.